- How much are lessons?
- The cost of lessons depends on several factors like the teacher, the lesson length, and where you live. Please call us to find out more.
- Do I have to agree to a semester contract or something like that?
- No, you are free to start and stop lessons when you want, at anytime.
- Is there a Registration Fee?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- We have a standard 24-hour cancellation policy. Lessons cancelled within 24 hours count as a regular lesson and will be charged.
- What is your payment policy?
- All payments are made with either a credit card or a debit card. We do not accept prepaid credit cards, checks, or cash.
- To get started, you just need to prepay for the first lesson. The moment you're matched with a teacher we'll charge your card for the first lesson and email you a receipt for your records.
- After that, we'll charge your credit card at the beginning of each month for the lessons you took the previous month. For example, if you took 4 lessons in July we would charge your credit card for those 4 lessons at the beginning of August.
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- Yes, we have two guarantees - the Great Match Guarantee and the standard Money Back Guarantee.
- GREAT MATCH GUARANTEE
If for whatever reason you're unsatisfied with the teacher you're matched with, just let us know before the first lesson and we'll match you with a different teacher or refund your prepayment for the first lesson. You must notify us within 60 days from the date you prepaid to be eligible to receive a refund. The prepaid first lesson must be taken within 6 months or it will expire. All lessons are scheduled directly between the student and the teacher. If schedules conflict for some reason, please notify us immediately so we can rematch the student or issue a refund for the prepayment.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If you're not satisfied with your first lesson give us a call within 3 days and we'll refund you the cost of your first lesson. This guarantee only applies to the first lesson. Additional lessons will not be refunded.
- Do lesson packages expire?
- Prepaid lesson packages expire within 6 months from the date of the student's first lesson.
- Do you accept cash or checks?
- We only accept credit cards - Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. We do not accept prepaid credit cards, checks, or cash.
- Do I pay the teacher directly?
- No. Since you shouldn't have to talk about anything except music with your teacher, Encore Music Lessons handles the billing.
- Do I need my own instrument?
- Yes. Instruments are not provided for lessons so the student will need their own. In addition, students will find it difficult to progress without an instrument to practice on.
- How old does my child have to be to start lessons?
- It's best if kids are at least four years old.
- Can I change teachers if I want?
- Yes. Good chemistry between students and teachers is really important, so if your teacher doesn't seem like a good fit, give us a call and we'll help match you with someone else.
- Do you run background checks on each teacher?
- Yes. TalentWise provides us with national criminal background checks on each teacher. TalentWise is the national leader in the background check industry.
- How long have you been in business?
- We've been in business since the fall of 2005.
- Are you a school?
- No. Our function is to help match students with the best music teachers in their area. Many teachers travel to students homes while others teach from their own private or professional studio. We'll help you figure out which is available in your area.
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau?
Top Reasons to Choose Encore Music Lessons
- No Contracts: Start and stop lessons when you want
- Convenient Locations: Take in-home lessons or lessons in a teacher's studio
- Affordable Options: Choose a lesson length that fits your budget
- Teacher Selection Options: Feel free to request a teacher from the Teacher Directory, or ask us to make a personal match.
Our mission is simple: to make it as easy as possible for students to find a great teacher.
Encore Music Lessons was founded in New York City on October, 27, 2005 and opened its door for business on February 1st, 2006. In just four years, we've matched thousands of students with great teachers throughout New York City, New Jersey, Boston, Chicago, and Philadelphia.
To read about Music Lessons in your area, select your State, Area & Instrument:
To read about Music Teachers in your area, select your State, Area & Instrument: