Drums Lessons in Greenwich Village, NY
It should be a simple matter to connect with a good drum teacher. When you contact Encore Music Lessons, we'll take down your availability and interests and within a day or two you could be taking your first drum lesson!
If you want to someday get to the level of a players such as Ringo Starr, Dave Grohl or Kenny Arnoff, drum lessons can help.
Give us a call today to get started - (212) 537-6746.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Encore Music Lessons
- Individual Schedules: Let us know what times work for you and we'll connect you to a drum teacher who fits your schedule.
- No Semester System or Term Contracts.
- Affordable Options: Choose a drum lesson length that fits your budget.
- Request a Greenwich Village drum teacher yourself from our Teacher Directory, or simply let us know your preferred schedule and we'll connect you with an instructor that can accommodate you.
- Students of any age or level of ability can take drum lessons in any musical genre or style.
Education: Highschool arts diploma in percussion performance (Highschool arts diploma), North Carolina School of the Arts 
Influences: Elvin Jones, Tony Williams, Dennis Chambers, Steve Gadd, Bernard Purdie, John..
Education: Master of Art in Music (MA), The City College of New York, CUNY 
Education: Jazz Performance (BA), The New England Conservatory of Music 
Influences: Carlton Barrett, Matt Wilson, Bernard Purdie, Steve Gadd
Education: Bachelors of Arts with a concentration in Music/Ethnomusicology (BA), Sarah Lawrence College 
I've been with Natalie for over a year. I have no vocal experience prior to coming to her. She is incredible at tailoring lessons to exactly your level. She has many students who are professional and they love her as well. She finds great analogies and examples to help me learn things that are so difficult to teach otherwise. She's always supportive but challenges me at the same time. She also helps develop my goals in singing as well and helps me come up with new projects to tackle. I always walk out of a lesson feeling inspired and excited. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone at any level of experience.Beverly Du - NYC, NY Teacher: Natalie W.
About the Drums
The individual instruments of a drum kit are struck by a variety of implements held in the hand, including sticks, brushes, and mallets. Two notable exceptions include the bass drum, played by a foot-operated pedal, and the hi hat cymbals, which use a foot pedal in addition to the normal striking motion.