Drums Lessons in Stuyvesant Town, NY
Have you wondered what it would be like to solo with complete freedom the way that Art Blakey, Elvin Jones and Buddy Rich do? At Encore Music Lessons, we can match you with a master drum teacher.
Show Off What You've Learned!
On June 13th this year, students got an opportunity to play the drums in front of an audience.
To see footage of the NY Spring Recital click here.
All drum students are welcome no matter what they're current level is. Drum lessons can be anytime you want - mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Drum Lessons in Your Living Room or a Teacher's Studio in NYC
Different students learn the drum in different ways. For that reason students have the choice of taking lessons at home or at a teacher's studio. Choose whichever option is most comfortable for you.
To talk with one of our staff about starting lessons please call (212) 537-6746.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Encore Music Lessons
- No Term Contracts: There's no commitment so you can stop the drum lessons when you want, without being penalized.
- Convenient Locations in Stuyvesant Town: Take in-home drum lessons or lessons in a teacher's studio.
- Ages, Levels & Styles: Drum lessons are available to kids and adults, at any level and style.
- Scheduling is a Cinch: With such a large selection of drum instructors in Stuyvesant Town, there's bound to be one who's schedule matches yours.
- Request a Stuyvesant Town drum teacher yourself from our Teacher Directory, or simply let us know your preferred schedule and we'll connect you with an instructor that can accommodate you.
Education: Highschool arts diploma in percussion performance (Highschool arts diploma), North Carolina School of the Arts 
Influences: Elvin Jones, Tony Williams, Dennis Chambers, Steve Gadd, Bernard Purdie, John..
Education: Jazz Performance (BA), The New England Conservatory of Music 
Influences: Carlton Barrett, Matt Wilson, Bernard Purdie, Steve Gadd
Education: Bachelors of Arts with a concentration in Music/Ethnomusicology (BA), Sarah Lawrence College 
Ms. Stephanie H. is a great teacher. Stephanie made me feel very comfortable; at ease. I would definitely continue to take my lessons with her. I was able to go to my first singing audition with confidence after going over some music she helped me to choose.Kim S.- Valley Stream Teacher: Stephanie H.
About the Drums
Differing music styles implement the components of a drum kit in different manners. For example, in most forms of rock music, the bass drum and snare drum are the primary instruments used to create a drum beat.