Guitar Lessons in Port Washington North, NY
Learning to play the guitar in the style of great bands like Van Halen, Green Day and Rush can be a blast! That's why as an aspiring guitarist, it's important to get in touch with a good teacher who can show you the ins and outs of things like transcription, odd meter playing and triads.
Be on Stage!
Encore Music Lessons gives students a chance to play the guitar in public each year at our annual spring recital.
If you want to see some videos of the NY Spring Recital please click here.
We use your location in Long Island and your preferred availability to match you with the guitar teacher that will be best.
For your peace of mind, all guitar teachers are thoroughly background checked and reference checked.
If you're ready to take that first step, give us a call today, and we'll connect you with a Long Island based teacher for guitar lessons!
- Classical Guitar Lessons
- Jazz Guitar Lessons
- Blues Guitar Lessons
- Rock Guitar Lessons
- Folk Guitar Lessons
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Encore Music Lessons
- Whether you have been playing guitar for years or are just starting out, you can take lessons with a teacher nearby.
- No Term Contracts: There's no commitment so you can stop the guitar lessons when you want, without being penalized.
- Students in the Port Washington North area have the option of taking guitar lessons in the comfort of their home or in a teacher's studio.
- Student Registration is Free!
- Request a Port Washington North guitar teacher yourself from our Teacher Directory, or simply let us know your preferred schedule and we'll connect you with an instructor that can accommodate you.
Influences: Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Santana, Led Zeppelin, Pat Metheny, Paco De..
Education: Bachelor of Studio Music / Jazz Guitar (BA), University Of Miami 
Education: Master of Music in Jazz Studies (MM), University of North Texas 
Lindsay is a wonderful teacher. My daughter took voice lessons under her supervision 3 years ago and I see the consistent improvement in the quality of my daughter's voice over these years. What I like most about Lindsay is her professionalism and her individualized approach to teaching. She knows how to build on her student's strengths and has her way of imparting the techniques and skills in a manner that her student can understand. I am happy that I chose Lindsay because she is such a good mentor. Her guidance and motivation surely inspired my daughter to continue to do well.IRENE YU - ELMONT, NY Teacher: Lindsay M.
About the Guitar
The Spanish vihuela or "viola da mano", a guitar-like instrument of the 16th century, appears to be an aberration in the transition from the renaissance instrument to the modern guitar. It had lute-style tuning and a guitar-like body.