Saxophone Lessons in Roslyn Heights, NY
While taking saxophone lessons in a class setting may sound like a good idea, there are definite perks that come from taking one on one lessons with a qualified teacher. In a classroom setting with other students you can easily be left behind. With private saxophone lessons your teacher can concentrate on you specifically by answering your questions about topics like 9, 11, and 13 chords, playing jazz standards from the American Songbook and Charlie Parker Omnibook solos.
Show Off Your New Skills!
Every year in June Encore Music Lessons holds a recital where students get a chance to play the saxophone in front of their friends and family.
Click here to view videos of the NY Spring Recital.
We'll find out a bit about what you're looking for and use that to match you with a saxophone teacher in the Long Island area.
If you're ready to get going with saxophone lessons, give us a call today.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Encore Music Lessons
- Easily accessible locations in and around the Roslyn Heights area. Take saxophone lessons in a teacher's studio or in the comfort of your living room!
- No Term Contracts: There's no commitment so you can stop the saxophone lessons when you want, without being penalized.
- Request a Roslyn Heights saxophone teacher yourself from our Teacher Directory, or simply let us know your preferred schedule and we'll connect you with an instructor that can accommodate you.
- Student Registration is Free!
- Students of any age or level of ability can take saxophone lessons in any musical genre or style.
Influences: Contemporary saxophonists (Chris Potter, Mark Turner, Joe Lovano, George..
Education: Saxophone Performance (BM), Berklee College of Music 
Influences: Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, Clarence Clemons, Wayne Shorter, Ornette..
Education: Bachelor of Studio Music / Jazz Guitar (BA), University Of Miami 
Josh is fabulous! He is patient and kind while teaching my 8 yr old son guitar. Josh and my son have developed a good connection with each other and my son can't wait to go to his lessons. My son is ADHD and Josh has my son's complete attention during lessons. That is a great feat for both Josh and my son. I highly recommend Josh as a children's music teacher!Terry B Teacher: Joshua W.
About the Saxophone
Like clarinets, saxophones use a single reed. Saxophone reeds are proportioned slightly differently to clarinet reeds, being wider for the same length. Each size of saxophone (alto, tenor, etc.) uses a different size of reed.