Violin Lessons in Batavia, IL
Regardless of what your current level is, as an aspiring violinist, you're sure to benefit from violin lessons.
Violin Lessons in Your Area - in Your Home or Batavia based Teacher's Studio
To ensure that you get the most from your violin lessons, you can choose to receive instruction at your home, your workplace, or at a teacher's studio nearby.
Give us a call (312) 377-6663 to get more information.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Encore Music Lessons
- Registration is Free: It costs nothing to sign up!
- No Semester System or Term Contracts.
- Affordable Alternatives: Select a violin lesson length that fits your budget .
- Students of any age or level of ability can take violin lessons in any musical genre or style.
- Easily accessible locations in and around the Batavia area. Take violin lessons in a teacher's studio or in the comfort of your living room!
About the Violin
The standard way of holding the violin is with the left side of the jaw resting on the chinrest of the violin, and supported by the left shoulder, often assisted by a shoulder rest. This practice varies in some cultures; for instance, Indian (Carnatic and Hindustani) violinists play seated on the floor and rest the scroll of the instrument on the side of their foot.
I'm an adult returning piano student, who had not played in more than 25 years. Nick started me on scales, and very easy Bach, and we have continued apace for the last 18 months, adding repertoire as my skills have returned or developed. Nick is patient (enough) but know when to focus me on working toward my mark. He is especially strong on teaching me the "time values" of a given piece, not my strength. (I hadn't known that the dreaded triplet shows up in both Debussy and Charlie Brown's Christmas!) I recommend Nick; he's an experienced and strong teacher.LARRY - NEW YORK, NY Teacher: Nick M.