Violin Lessons in Matteson, IL
If you want to play violin in the style of greats such as Regina Carter, Jean-Luc Ponty or Joshua Bell, it won't happen overnight, but with a good violin teacher little by little you can reach your goal.
Whether you're a beginner, intermediate, or advanced player, Encore Music Lessons is here to match you with a Matteson teacher so you can learn more about subjects like holding the bow, legato playing and playing scales. Depending on your availability, violin lessons can be mornings, afternoons, evenings, or weekends.
Take Violin Lessons in the Tranquility of Your Own Home or in a Nearby Matteson Teacher's Studio
Different students learn the violin in different ways. For that reason students have the choice of taking lessons at home or at a teacher's studio. Choose whichever option is most comfortable for you.
If you'd like to speak with our staff about getting started please call (312) 377-6663.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Encore Music Lessons
- Cost Effective Options : Choose from a variety of lesson lengths to find one that fits your budget.
- Locations throughout the greater Matteson area: Take violin lessons in the conveniance of your home or in a teacher's studio.
- Individual Schedules: Let us know what times work for you and we'll connect you to a violin teacher who fits your schedule.
- Request a Matteson violin teacher yourself from our Teacher Directory, or simply let us know your preferred schedule and we'll connect you with an instructor that can accommodate you.
- Student Registration is Free!
About the Violin
A violin is sometimes informally called a fiddle, regardless of the type of music played on it. The word "violin" comes to us through the Romance languages from the Middle Latin word vitula, meaning "stringed instrument".
My son, Alec, has been taking lessons from Joe for 4 years. Alec started taking lessons at a relatively advanced age (14). I was concerned initially that my son would not have the patience to take lessons at that age, but Joe inspired my son and gave him the great gift of appreciation of music. We are indebted to Joe for that gift. Joe is conscientious, patient, and works well with young people. He encouraged Alec to develop his own taste and style rather than forcing him to play music that appeal for him. Joe has a great love of performing and that enthusiasm is apparent when he teaches. I am certain that Alec will continue to play the piano and will hear music differently for the rest of his life. My wife and I feel very fortunate to have found Joe and we recommend him with great enthusiasm and without reservation.MICHAEL - NEW YORK, NY Teacher: Joe H.