Hara G. , Guitar Teacher , NYC
Influences: Jimi Hendrix, Wes Montgomery, Pat Metheny, John Scofiled, Mike Stern, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Pass, Steve Vai, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker.
Influences: Jaco Pastorious, Charles Mingus.
I love teaching music. My first teacher got me started in the world of music when I was 9 years old, and I value the opportunity to pass this along to students.
Regardless of whether you're a kid aspiring to be the next Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai or Pat Metheny, or whether you're professional who learned music by ear and wants to polish up his skills, or whether you just bought a guitar and want to learn how to play some chords for fun, I will design a program for you that will take you from where you are to where you want to be, and I will make you love every step of the learning process.
I'm a versatile guitarist, and a versatile teacher. I don't believe in one-size-fits-all music methods, I believe that the lesson's material should be tailored to what the student already knows, and what his/her aspirations are.
The most important thing is to give the student solid advice and information, and to present it in a way that will inspire him/her and make the whole learning experience a great journey.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about Guitar lessons with Hara, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (212) 537-6746.
- Currently performing in New York, Miami, Boston, Las Vegas, etc with the Sarina Suno Jazz Quartet [2006 - Present]
- Currently performing on the East Coast, as well as Europe with my funk/fusion/rock band Odd Flow [2007 - Present]
- Recorded with Grammy Award Winners Mike Stern and Dave Weckl for my own album [2008 - 2008]
- Went on tour of China, Thailand and Japan with band Barrage [2006 - 2006]
- Taught at Plus Music School, a music school recognized by Berklee College of Music [2003 - 2005]
- Taught hundreds of students, all levels, all ages. One on one lessons, group lessons, band coaching, ensemble classes, tutoring, etc. [1998 - Present]
- Graduated, Bachelor of Music in Professional Music on Guitar (BM), Berklee College of Music 
- Joe Lovano 
- Mick Goodrick [2001 - 2003]
- Brett Willmott [2001 - 2003]
- Mike Stern 
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude - Berklee College of Music 
- 55 Bar [May, 2008]
- Blue Note, New york [July, 2008]
- Casa della Music, Rome, Italy [November, 2008]
- Kitano Launge [April, 2008]
- Hara Garacci Trio - "Frogive and froget" 
- Odd Flow - "Almost Even" 
- Sarina Suno Quartet - "Introducing Sarina Suno" 
- Umbria Jazz Talent Based Scholarship [2000 - 2003]
Student Reviews for Hara
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Hara Is Awesome - March 15, 2011
By Summer, Guitar Lessons
Hara is an awesome guitar teacher who really enjoys teaching. He explains everything about the guitar in a really fun, eloquent way that's easy to grasp. I was looking for a teacher who was well versed in many different styles of music, because I'm a singer who wants to be able to compose my own songs. Hara is 100% the teacher I was looking for to guide me in this process - I'm well on my way now!
Great guitar teacher! - January 27, 2011
By Dobias Family, Guitar Lessons
Hara is a great guitar teacher. He is patient, funny, happy and always in a good mood. He taught Klara songs she wanted to learn, she enjoyed every lesson and always learned something new. We like the way he motivates her to play the guitar! We higly recommend him!
Fabulous teacher! - August 29, 2009
By Beryl Jacobs, Guitar Lessons
Hara is a truly inspirational teacher. He teaches my 5 year old daughter, and she adores him. He is resourceful, innovative and creative in his approach with her. Every lesson is a little different, and in every lesson, he uses anything and everything he sees around him to inspire her. He is spontaneous and fun in his teaching methods (so appealing to a young student), but also very careful about planning out what she learns. My daughter is progressing, and is so proud to show me the complex cords that she now knows. She can play songs, and will now pick up a guitar on her own and start to play for fun. Hara is a gem -- I can't recommend him highly enough.
Amazing guitarist! - April 6, 2009
By Alfie Clemends, Guitar Lessons
I just love New York City! Back home I'd have to pay a FORTUNE to study with somebody like Hara Garacci. Heck! If somebody like Hara even EXISTS back home. Probably not.
He truly blows my mind every time I hear him play, and as an intermediate level player to study with him, and jam with him, and pick his brain is a real treat. Working with Hara is the highlight o my week and I've improved tremendously since I started studying with him
Great guitar teacher! - April 6, 2009
By Lauren Greene, Guitar Lessons
Wow, Hara is a great teacher! My two kids had been taking guitar lessons with another guy for a year and had absolutely nothing to show for it. Within three lessons Hara got them playing. They now know two songs, and can't stop talking about how excited they are about the guitar. Highly recommended!
Hara teaches in-home lessons, but also teaches from a studio.