Adam R. , Voice Teacher , Philadelphia County
Influences: Wes Montgomery, Andres Segovia, Keith Richards, The Edge.
Influences: Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift, Chet Baker, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Nicks, Willie Nelson, George Jones, Aimee Mann, Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift
Influences: Herbie Hancock, Elton John, Frederic Chopin, J.S. Bach.
All lessons are uniquely designed to accommodate the student's and parent's wishes. I often teach students a combination of their favorite songs mixed with technical exercises (for speed, clarity) theoretical exercises (scales, circle of fifths), ear training (recognizing chord qualities + progressions) and sight reading. The amount of time we focus on each topic depends on what the student is most interested in learning and most willing to practice. It's always important to have fun!
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about Voice lessons with Adam, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (610) 717-1791.
- Private Lessons: guitar, piano, keyboards, voice, bass, and drums in New York City
- Studio and Session Musician: New York and Los Angeles
- Regular Performances with: Inhabitants, Jazz Trio, and other rock, jazz, country, and blues settings in Philadelphia and New York
- Performances throughout Philadelphia with Munier guitar and Mandolin Orchestra, jazz quartets, and bands
- Performances at Philadelphia Classical Guitar Society
- Graduated, Bachelor of Arts - Arts and Philosophy (BA), Eugene Lang College - New School University 
- Jimmy Bruno 
- Jack Wilkins 
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- Al Grey Jazz Workshop, Philadelphia Clef Club 
- Jimmy Heath Big Band Workshop, Philadelphia Clef Club 
- Promising Artist Grant - University of the Arts 
- [January, 2013]
- Adam Rose - "Rest of the Day" 
- Inhabitants - "We Have Always Been Here Before" 
- Promising Artist Grant 
Student Reviews for Adam
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Excellent lessons for a new guitarist - March 4, 2008
By John Damalas, Guitar Lessons
I had only been playing for a few months before picking up my lessons with Adam. During my 6 months with Adam, he stood out as both an excellent musician and excellent instructor. Lessons were tailored to what I wanted to learn and he was able to give excellent suggestions on what to work on. We covered all genres of music from Spanish to Rock to Country and he was able to connect theory to practice in a way that inspired me to explore areas I had not thought about. Would definitely recommend Adam if you are in the Philly area.
About the Voice
A melisma occurs when a singer switches pitch while singing the same syllable. It is used heavily in baroque vocal music, as well as to a somewhat lesser extent in popular music.