David A. , Guitar Teacher , Brooklyn
Influences: Jeff Hamilton, Brian Blade, Bill Stewart, Joe Labarbera, Peter Erskine, Kenny Washington, Ari Hoenig, Scott Amendola, John Fishman, Billy Martin
David also teaches guitar
I like to teach students how to play music they really love and feel connected to. My specialty is jazz but I grew up listening and playing many styles of music so I have insight into many different ways of playing. No matter what style you play there are basic fundamentals that apply to everything. I teach students hand and foot techniques, reading, four limb coordination and transcribing skills. You will listen and play along to records and also learn to play to a metronome.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about Guitar lessons with David, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (718) 608-6080.
- Professional Musician [1997 - 2007]
- Private Teaching Instructor [1998 - 2007]
- Graduated, Asociates Degree in Music Performance (AA), Orange Coast College 
- Jeff Hamilton [2000 - 2005]
- Peter Erskine [2004 - 2005]
- Joe Labarbera [2005 - 2006]
- Kenny Washington [2007 - 2008]
- David Ashkenazy Quartet @ Smalls [May, 2008]
- David Ashkenazy Quartet - "Resonation" 
- The Fotet - "The Fotet" 
Student Reviews for David
(0 out of 5 stars)
About the Guitar
An acoustic guitar is one not dependent on an external device to be heard but uses a soundboard which is a wooden piece mounted on the front of the guitar's body.