Influences: Pedagogy: Ivan Galamian, Shin'ichi Suzuki, Maxine Greene (Lincoln Center Institute) Performance: David Oistrakh, Itzhak Perlman, Maxim Vengerov
I make it my first priority to understand how each individual student most easily learns, while drawing on very specific and time-tested methods for teaching technique and repertoire. Most importantly, though, I believe that the most conducive environment for learning is one in which, above all, the student is never afraid to make mistakes, and, in fact, welcomes the inevitable hurdles and challenges in discovering the instrument as part of a process self-discovery and musicianship.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Jason, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Lincoln Center, New York, NY (Solo and Chamber Performer, Teacher, Curriculum Developer) [2006 - 2008]
- North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem, NC (Teaching Assistant, Solo Chamber and Orchestral Performer, Student) [2002 - 2006]
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA (Solo, Chamber and Orchestral Performer) [2000 - 2002]
- Graduated, Master of Music in Violin Performance (MM), North Carolina School of the Arts 
- Kevin Lawrence [2002 - 2006]
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- Killington Music Festival (4 years attendance), Killington Music Festival 
- Lincoln Center Insitute for the Arts in Education Workshops for Teaching Artists, Lincoln Center Institute 
- Full-Tuition Performance Scholarship - University of Iowa 
- Flecher Opera Institute Award (4 consecutive years) - North Carolina School of the Arts 
- Kenan Fellowship - Lincoln Center Institute for the Arts in Education 
- Teaching Assistantship with Kevin Lawrence [2002 - 2006]
Student Reviews for Jason
(0 out of 5 stars)
Would you like to give the gift of lessons to someone living in the area? Gift Certificates are available in groups of 4, 6, 8, 12, and 16 lessons.
For instant delivery, we can email you the gift certificate in PDF format. Or if you'd like, we can send it by conventional mail, either to you or to the person who will be taking lessons.