Ryan D. , Guitar Teacher , Brooklyn
Influences: Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Bill Frisell, The Green Arrows, Balla et ses Balladins, Fela Kuti
Ryan also teaches bass
One of my main goals in teaching is to inspire my students, to make them excited about music. I find that the best way to do this is to work on playing music that the student wants to play. I expect each of my students to have an idea of why they want to play guitar. Ideally each student should be listening to music and know what he/she likes or dislikes. Developing the ear is also very important to me. Part of the lessons are spent listening to music and figuring it out by ear.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about Guitar lessons with Ryan, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (212) 537-6746.
- Guitar teacher at Nashoba Brooks School in Concord, MA [2007 - 2009]
- Private guitar instruction in Boston, MA [2005 - 2012]
- Guitar teacher at Performance Music in Westfield, MA [2003 - 2005]
- Graduated, Bachelor of Music in Guitar Performance (BM), New England Conservatory of Music 
- Brad Shepik [2005 - 2006]
- Ran Blake [2007 - 2012]
- Scholarship - New England Conservatory of Music 
- Blue Note Jazz Club, Manhattan NY [August, 2012]
- Grand Performances, Los Angeles CA [July, 2012]
- Festival dete Quebec, Quebec City, QU [July, 2012]
- Joe Belmont and Ryan Dugre - "Live at Leed's" 
- The Superpowers - "Trance for Nation" 
- Full Tang - "Intangible" 
Student Reviews for Ryan
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Patient Teacher - March 30, 2008
By Sean Morgan, Guitar Lessons
Ryan is a very patient teacher who has helped me to progress quickly. He makes guitar fun and is inspiring.