Daniel F. , Guitar Teacher , Long Island
Influences: I am influenced by a range of artists of different styles from Jaco Pastorious and James Jamerson to Ray Brown, Dave Holland, Jimmy Garrison and J.S. Bach.
Daniel also teaches guitar
I believe that lessons should be suited to each students' particular goals and needs. I hope to create an environment where students can pursue their own playing goals and the styles they are most interested in. My job as a teacher is to foster students' abilities and creativity and to introduce them to concepts, techniques, and music that will challenge and inspire them.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about Guitar lessons with Daniel, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (516) 568-4942.
- Private Bass instruction
Courses: Electric Bass, Acoustic Bass, Music Theory, Improvisation, Composition [1998 - Present]
- Guest Lecturer and Performer, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho
Workshops in Rhythm Section Concepts, Improvisation, Jazz Theory [2008 - 2008]
- Instructor at the United Methodist Church Jazz Camp, Piano, Texas [2008 - 2008]
- Instructor at the University of North Texas Bass Workshop, Denton Texas [2006 - 2007]
- Guest Performer with the Brazos Valley Symphony Orchestra, College Station, Texas [2007 - 2007]
- Member of the University of North Texas One O'Clock Lab Band [2005 - 2006]
- Graduated, Master of Music in Jazz Studies (MM), University of North Texas 
- Lynn Seaton [2001 - 2004]
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- International Society of Bassists Conference, International Society of Bassists 
- Jiri Levicek Trio - "Returns" 
- One O'Clock Lab Band - "Lab 2006" 
- Soundtrack for the Film - "I Sell The Dead (2008)" 
- Kait Dunton Trio - "Real and Imagined " 
- One O'Clock Lab Band - "Lab 2005" 
Student Reviews for Daniel
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Foose is a great teacher - July 7, 2009
By A. L., Bass Lessons
Daniel is very patient and when I don't understand something he explains it to me in another way till I get it. His lessons are also fun since I get to learn the songs that I like. Overall great teacher so if you live near Sunnyside Queens and want a great bass teacher go with Daniel.
About the Guitar
There are several notable subcategories within the acoustic guitar group: classical and flamenco guitars; steel string guitars, which include the flat top or "folk" guitar; twelve string guitars and the arch top guitar.