Influences: Jaco Pastorius, Anthony Jackson, Pino Palladino, Ray Brown, Matt Garrison, Tim Lefebvre, Fima Ephron, So many...
Influences: Jimmy Page, Jim Hall, and Robert Johnson.
I'm a Costa Rican born bass player that has international touring experience with major acts. I've been in New York City for the better part of four years now , and I have been lucky enough that I earn my living through music. I've also been fortunate enough to play with people that have taught me a lot about music and life. I also love to play backgammon.
To inquire about lessons with Max, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Bassist for Arturo Sandoval Sextet [2009 - 2009]
- Bassist for Lovechild [2009 - 2010]
- Composer/Bassist/Owner of Max Esquivel Group [2012 - 2014]
- Private Bass Instructor [2007 - 2014]
- Graduated, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Jazz Performance (BFA), New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music 
- Graduated, Bass Performance Diploma (Diploma), Los Angeles Music Academy 
- Adam ROgers 
- Lincoln Goines 
- Tim Lefebvre 
- Matt Garrison 
- Jerry Watts [2005 - 2006]
- Ed Lucie 
- Steve Billman [2005 - 2006]
- Hussain Jiffry [2005 - 2006]
- Reggie Workman [2010 - 2014]
- Fima Ephron 
- ACAM Nominee for Best Jazz Album - ACAM 
- Max Esquivel - "Max Esquivel Quintet" 
- The Last Void - "State of Mind" 
- La Escafandra - "Collage & 1+1" 
- Maria Pretiz - "Semáforo Amarillo" 
- Walter Flores Trio - "Untitled" 
- New School Academic Scholarship [2010 - 2014]
Student Reviews for Max
(0 out of 5 stars)