Influences: Rebecca Luker, Barbara Cook, Julie Andrews
Sarah also teaches piano
I have been performing professionally in opera, musical theater, concert and as a professional recording artist for over 12 years. I love the great joy and also the challenge it has brought me. I was raised by an arts educator, my dad, and learning how to sing, perform onstage and help others find the fun and excitement in performing has been second nature to me since I was 6 years old.
Because of this awareness growing up, I feel that I have a lot to offer students in the way of music education. I teach a classically-based technique, giving appropriate stylistic adjustments for musical theater, jazz or pop repertoire. I include music theory training in all my lessons, imparting a solid technical and musical foundation for whatever style of music you want to pursue. I also offer combination voice and piano lessons, which I strongly encourage for any students who do not already play piano. As a vocalist, I focus on the whole package: Building a healthy instrument through use of breath support and placement, diction and articulation, and communicating through music. My experience as a performer has given me so many tools to offer as a teacher, and I also take great joy in music so I always have a fun time with my students!
I believe that a healthy instrument onstage and in the studio will build the foundation for a long future of singing in any style. I have also personally found that the self-discovery and esteem built through singing is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves, whether young or old, beginner or more!
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Sarah, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Private Voice and Piano Teacher at All-Island Music Center in Merrick, NY [2011 - 2014]
- Private Voice and Piano Teacher at Further Music School, Forest Hills, Queens [2014 - 2014]
- Music Director & Vocal Coach: Woodstown Children's Theater Workshop, NJ [2000 - 2006]
- Assistant Music Director: Avalon Players, NJ [1995 - 1995]
- Graduated, Bachelor of Arts in Music: Vocal Performance (BA), Muhlenberg College 
- Marni Nixon 
- Andrew Byrne [2013 - 2014]
- Richard Johnson [2005 - 2014]
- New Jersey Governor's Award in Music: Vocal Excellence - NJ State Department of Education: Music 
- Principle Soprano Soloist: Hollywood Concert Orchestra 2013-2014 China Tour [December, 2013]
- Kate in Yeomen of the Guard, New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players [August, 2014]
- Pirates of Penzance, New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players [August, 2014]
Student Reviews for Sarah
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Excelent piano teacher - November 1, 2015
By Giselle - NYC, NY, Piano Lessons
Sarah has been teaching my daughter piano lessons for quite a while with lots of patience, sense of humor and professionalism. Unfortunately we have decided to switch to a new teacher cause she is performing more than before and can't commit to a fixed schedule. I would reccommend her to any student, young or old!
Sarah - October 31, 2015
By Prince Frederick - New York, NY, Voice Lessons
Where do I start? Sarah is a amazing singer and also music teacher. I highly recommend everyone to go to her for lessons! When I first came into her life as a student, I wasn't convinced my voice would get better, but the day I started taking lessons with her, my voice changed for the good. The results of my voice came fast. Faster than I thought. She knows exactly what she's doing, I couldn't thank her far enough for all the work she's done to help me and get me where I am today. I don't think any other music teacher is as good as she is. She's very understanding. She's very patient, and that is the best thing. You have to be very patient because people learn differently and at different times. That's another thing I love about her specifically as a teacher. She encourages me to go and perform and audition for schools! Overall she's a sweet, beautiful, and talented teacher. I could go on and on for hours!
3. Cooperstown Recital, New York
4. Hollywood Concert Orchestra, China Tour 2013-2014