Influences: ROCK: Charlie Watts, John Bonham, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Jim Capaldi, Jim Keltner, Steve Jordan, Steve Gadd, Ringo and Zak Starkey
JAZZ: Gene Krupa,Buddy Rich,Joe Jones, Jeff Watts
FUNK: Zigeboo Modeleste, Stanton Moore
Been playing since 1980 - started with jazz and school lessons along with private lessons. Began teaching in 1990 - studied advanced percussion at universty level, major in Communications. Currently play in 5 different bands doing original and cover songs here in Chicago. Worked at music stores and understand all types of drum gear and repairs from current back to 1910. Have worked with more than 50 students over the years to develop their skills and teach to teach yourself.
Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Eric, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Private lessons - in home, at college and at my studio - same student who is now a pro in New Orleans [1999 - 2011]
- Seers Ponco - www.seersponcho.com - original music - creating the rhythm and grooves for original songwriting and performances [1999 - Present]
- facebook - Vinyl Drive, Dead Flowers and Joynt Cheefs - 3 different cover and original bands [2006 - Present]
- Taught 35 + students at all levels and age groups from 8 years old to 50 years old - from country to Blue Man group tryouts to heavy metal [1997 - Present]
- orchestra, marching band, symphonic band and choir - daily : public school system in Clinton Iowa [1985 - 1988]
- Best Musicianship - Jazz Category - Augustana College 
- Seers Poncho - "Baker Creek" 
Student Reviews for Eric
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Blind Drumming - September 7, 2011
By Steve - Glen Ellyn, IL
Eric, has really helped me out. I have been drumming off and on for some years now, but after being injured in Iraq while serving with The U.S. Army and losing all of my sight in an explosion, I never thought i'd return to the throne. He truly cares about working with me to develop systems and techniques to drum past my hand and visual impairments. Thanks for everything Erric!