Influences: Whitney Houston, Stevie Wonder, Tori Amos, Audra MacDonald, Renee Flemming, Anthony Warlow, Ann Hampton Callaway, Judy Kuhn, Lisa Vroman
Influences: Jason Robert Brown, Duke Ellington
I am a singer and music teacher who loves nothing more than to teach wonderful young talent how to achieve the best performance out of their voice. Singing should feel easy (though singing properly is not always easy to do) and free and it is my job to help you find that freedom. I am happy to do it! I love to sing everything from pop to broadway, to classical and my students are very well-versed in these styles.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Stephanie, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Professional Opera singer
- Professional Musical Theatre Singer
- Professional Jazz Singer
- Private Voice Teacher
- Public School Chorus/General Music Teacher Grades k-12
- Cantorial Soloist
- Graduated, Masters of Vocal Performance (MM), New England Conservatory 
- Patricia Craig [2004 - 2006]
- RoseMarie Crouse [2001 - 2010]
- Sherry Overholt [2010 - 2011]
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- Westchester Summer Vocal Institute, Bronxville, NY 
- PK-12 music, New York State 
- Performance Certificate - Crane School of Music 
- All Eastern Honors Choir - Music Educators National Conference 
- Wayne Newton Music Scholarship - The Wayne Newton Scholarship Fund 
- Winner- Five Towns Music & Art Foundation Young Artist Competition (Musical Theatre) - Five Towns Music and Art Foundation 
- National Choral Award - Calhoun High School, Merrick, NY 
- Wayne Newton Music Scholarship [2005 - 2006]
Student Reviews for Stephanie
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Great piano teacher for a younger child - March 26, 2012
By Debbie D., Piano Lessons
Stephanie has been very professional and patient in teaching my son the piano. He is only 5 1/2 years old and it's sometimes hard for him to focus, but he loves music and is learning to play piano and it's helping him in many ways. Stephanie really does have the knowledge, the patience, and the passion for music to teach even younger children.
Stephanie H. - February 3, 2012
By Kim S.- Valley Stream, Voice Lessons
Ms. Stephanie H. is a great teacher. Stephanie made me feel very comfortable; at ease. I would definitely continue to take my lessons with her. I was able to go to my first singing audition with confidence after going over some music she helped me to choose.
1. The Boop Troupe