Hello, I am Serena and I am a voice and piano teacher in Chicago. I have been teaching all ages and levels for several years. Musical theater singing is my main passion and I am an expert in coaching and helping people find audition material for college auditions or other auditions. I have a balance of incorporating vocal technique and acting technique into my teaching because I believe that singing is just an extension of speaking. As a singer, I have worked on all styles of singing from musical theater to operettas to rock to pop. I have worked with males and females, so I understand the differences between how the male sound and the female sound should be trained.
I also teach beginner and intermediate piano lessons and I am very good at introducing the piano to a student and helping them learn to read music. I work a lot on technique exercises to help train and strengthen the fingers and also incorporate music theory into my lessons. I have been playing piano myself since I was in elementary school and I focus on classical piano in my lessons because it is the starting point to play all other styles. I will help you find material that is good for you that you feel passionate about.
I am a very enthusiastic and fun person to work with and I always hope to encourage and inspire those I teach.
To inquire about lessons with Serena, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- I have been singing since I was young and obtained my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theater at the University of the Arts. I have performed across the United States in various shows and cabarets.
- I have been running my own voice and piano studio.
- I assistant music directed at the Elmwood Day Camp in White Plains and choreographed the camp musical for third grade boys and girls.
- I created my own theater company for children of social service recipients ranging in ages 5-14.
- Graduated, Musical Theater (BFA), University of the Arts 
- Kevin Gray [2009 - 2010]
- Dr. Patricia Raine [2006 - 2010]
- Lynne Church 
- Promising Young Artist Scholarship [2006 - 2010]
Student Reviews for Serena
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Serena: Patient, Prepared, Prompt - January 5, 2011
By Toni, Piano Lessons
We had the privilege of having Serena introduce our 5 yr old daughter to the piano and found her to be an excellent teacher. She dealt well with the challenge of a preschooler attention span and was always patient and kind. Serena came well-prepared with a solid lesson plan that built logically upon skills learnt previously. She was always very prompt to lessons and a pleasure to deal with.
Although our interaction with Serena was shorter than we'd like due to scheduling issues, we would highly recommend her.
1. Use What You Got
2. I Wish It So
3. Out of Love