Serena P. , Voice Teacher , Dupage County
Hello, I am Serena and I am a voice and piano teacher in Chicago. I have been teaching all ages and levels for several years. Musical theater singing is my main passion and I am an expert in coaching and helping people find audition material for college auditions or other auditions. I have a balance of incorporating vocal technique and acting technique into my teaching because I believe that singing is just an extension of speaking. As a singer, I have worked on all styles of singing from musical theater to operettas to rock to pop. I have worked with males and females, so I understand the differences between how the male sound and the female sound should be trained.
I also teach beginner and intermediate piano lessons and I am very good at introducing the piano to a student and helping them learn to read music. I work a lot on technique exercises to help train and strengthen the fingers and also incorporate music theory into my lessons. I have been playing piano myself since I was in elementary school and I focus on classical piano in my lessons because it is the starting point to play all other styles. I will help you find material that is good for you that you feel passionate about.
I am a very enthusiastic and fun person to work with and I always hope to encourage and inspire those I teach.
To inquire about Voice lessons with Serena, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (312) 377-6663.
- I have been singing since I was young and obtained my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theater at the University of the Arts. I have performed across the United States in various shows and cabarets.
- I have been running my own voice and piano studio.
- I assistant music directed at the Elmwood Day Camp in White Plains and choreographed the camp musical for third grade boys and girls.
- I created my own theater company for children of social service recipients ranging in ages 5-14.
- Graduated, Musical Theater (BFA), University of the Arts 
- Kevin Gray [2009 - 2010]
- Dr. Patricia Raine [2006 - 2010]
- Lynne Church 
- [January, 2013]
- Promising Young Artist Scholarship [2006 - 2010]
Student Reviews for Serena
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Serena: Patient, Prepared, Prompt - January 5, 2011
By Toni, Piano Lessons
We had the privilege of having Serena introduce our 5 yr old daughter to the piano and found her to be an excellent teacher. She dealt well with the challenge of a preschooler attention span and was always patient and kind. Serena came well-prepared with a solid lesson plan that built logically upon skills learnt previously. She was always very prompt to lessons and a pleasure to deal with.
Although our interaction with Serena was shorter than we'd like due to scheduling issues, we would highly recommend her.
1. Serena's Cabaret at Don't Tell Mama
2. Serena at the Laurie Beechman Theater
3. Que Sera Sera/Let's Go Fly A Kite
Why not give the gift of music to someone in the Dupage County area? We have voice lesson Gift Certificates available in groups of 4, 6, 8, 12, and 16 lessons.
If you need the gift certificate instantly we can send it to you by email as a PDF file. Or if you'd prefer, we can send it by regular mail.
About the Voice
Singing is considered by some to have positive effects on peoples' health. A preliminary study based on self-reported data from a survey of students participating in choral singing found perceived physical benefits including increased lung capacity, improved mood, stress reduction, as well as perceived social and spiritual benefits.