Jeremy S. , Clarinet Teacher , Hudson County
Influences: Joe Henderson, Lee Konitz, Charlie Parker, Art Pepper, Pepper Adams, John Coltrane, Oliver Nelson
Jeremy also teaches clarinet
Jeremy is a saxophonist, composer, and arranger centered in the New York City area. Jeremy was born in Portland, OR in 1988 and moved to Seattle, WA in 1999. In 2006 Jeremy graduated from the infamous Roosevelt high school spending his last two years in their award winning jazz band, who has consistently made the finals of the prestigious Essentially Ellington Contest held in Jazz at Lincoln Center, as well as playing with some local big bands. After high school Jeremy attended William Paterson University on a full scholarship where he gained his Bachelors of Music. During his time at William Paterson Jeremy studied privately with Vincent Herring, Harold Mabern, and Rich Perry. He has shared the stage and opened for such greats as Mulgrew Miller, Jimmy Heath, Phil Woods, Frank Wess, Maria Schnieder, Rich Perry, and Randy Brecker. He has also worked professionally with Chico Mendoza, Kevin Norton.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about Clarinet lessons with Jeremy, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (201) 546-5568.
- William Paterson Hishmeh Fellowship: Jan-May 2009, headed by Dr. Carol Frierson-Campbell, head of the music education department at William Paterson, collaborated with the City of Paterson after school program to give instrument lessons to students from 5th to 8th grade.
- Middle East Peace Camp: 2005-2008. In 2008 Jeremy arranged and led a band composed of kids from 5th to 10th grade.
- Performed with Chico Mendoza and the JoyceAnn Raffa trio as well as the Chico Mendoza Latin Jazz sextet, Kevin Norton Big Band
- Graduated, Bachelors of Music in woodwind performance with a jazz concentration (BM), William Paterson University 
- Denney Goodhew [2005 - 2006]
- Vincent Herring [2006 - 2007]
- Harold Mabern [2007 - 2008]
- Rich Perry [2008 - 2010]
- Trustee Scholarship [2006 - 2010]
Student Reviews for Jeremy
(0 out of 5 stars)
About the Clarinet
The clarinet is widely used as a solo instrument. The relatively late evolution of the clarinet (when compared to other orchestral woodwinds) has left a considerable amount of solo repertoire from the Classical, Romantic and Modern periods but few works from the Baroque era.