As a professional singer and pianist, I enjoy my wonderful experiences through performing and teaching. My piano students are not just learning how to play the piano, but they are also learning appreciation, discipline, and respect through piano as a tool. My voice students also learn a lot about themselves through their singing lessons. Because our body is the instrument we reveal who we are and how we feel through our singing. I believe each student is a unique instrument, and my lessons are very practical. I emphasize proper technique, so you can apply the methods to play or sing anything you like. Many of my students come to me with different purposes for voice or piano lessons. The more I get to know what you need, the better I can help you to reach your goal. I believe good communication from the beginning is crucial. My students are always welcome to share and talk with me, and I look forward to sharing my accomplishments with all of you.
To inquire about lessons with Silvana, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Piano teaching for students from age 5 to adult
- Voice teaching for adult students
- Carnegie Hall debut in 2005 as Mezzo Soloist in Beethoven Choral Fantasy.
- Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln center debut in 2007 as Mezzo soloist in Mozart Coronation Mass.
- Performance of Kabalevsky Youth Piano Concerto No.3 with Yuba Sutter county orchestra in California.
- Recording Artist and released CD album "Amazing Days" with Jgospel in United State and CD Album "Triumphs in Shadowed Vally" in Hong Kong.
- Graduated, Master of Music Degree (MA), Manhattan School of Music 
- Mignon Dunn, Cynthia Hoffman, Pei Wen Chao [1995 - 2005]
- Music Scholarship - University of the Pacific 
- New Jersey Alliancer of Performing Artists Vocal competition, 3rd place. - New Jersey Alliance of Performing Artists 
Student Reviews for Silvana
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Highly Recommended - April 4, 2013
By Jeremy - NYC, NY, Piano Lessons
Silvana Chu has been a fantastic teacher for my 5 year old son. She is patient and highly aware of my son's tendency to not focus (like most 5 year olds). Not only has Ms. Chu teaching my son piano, she is teaching him how to focus and to play the piano the right way. My wife and I couldn't be happier with Ms. Chu!
Outstanding! - January 13, 2013
By Stephanie - New York, NY, Voice Lessons
Silvana is an outstanding voice teacher. Her lessons are packed with material that ensure quality advancement. Her lessons are specifically tailored to her student's ability, need and interest. I cannot praise Silvana enough. She's a find.
Amazing - August 10, 2012
By I.M.- NYC, NY, Piano Lessons
This is my five year old's first experience with a musical instrument. I chose piano for the discipline I knew it would instill in him. Silvana has been quite amazing, extremely helpful and has the patience of a saint. I would recommend her for old and young students alike.
2. Opera Aira
3. Japanese Song
4. Madama Butterfly Act 2