Influences: Everything from Classical Art Song to Classic Rock, and artists like Maria Callas, Beverly Sills, Steven Tyler, Aerosmith, Janis Joplin, Black Sabbath, and Howling Wolf, and shows ranging from Bernstein's West Side Story to the American Tribal Love Musical HAIR. My musical tastes are eclectic, while always infused with passion and beauty.
Influences: Beethoven, Bach, Mozart (in the classical realm), and Joni Mitchell, Deep Purple and blues (in other realms).
I love the art of singing, and feel that all people should experience the joy and fulfillment that singing brings. I have been pursuing singing since I was a young girl growing up in Central Massachusetts, joining in church and school choirs, absorbing the sounds of Nature, and tuning in to the vocal expressions of Metropolitan Opera broadcasts and FM rock radio with equal passion. My expertise as a teacher is rooted in 20 years of professional performance experience, with a technique grounded in classical "bel canto" singing. With a Masters Degree in Vocal Performance from New England Conservatory of Music in Boston, augmented by years of professional dance training at schools as diverse as Boston Ballet and Jacob's Pillow, I have performed lead roles in theatrical productions and concerts across the US and abroad. My stage experience ranges from opera to musical theatre to cutting edge rock and blues bands. I put all these skills to good use as I coach singers to integrate their voices and bodies into one expressive instrument.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Meredith, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- School of Rock Vocal Instructor: Tenafly, NJ; Montclair, NJ; Waldwick, NJ; Saddle Brook, NJ 
- Hoboken Charter School ARTSBRIDGE Vocal Performance Programs (7th, 8th and high school) [2001 - 2012]
- Saint Lawrence Church Children's Choir Director, including director of Amahl and the Night Visitors and producer of original CD, "Amen!" [1998 - 2001]
- New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players - professional actress, singer in numerous productions, including featured roles in Pirates of Penzance, Gondoliers, Patience, Yeomen of the Guard, and Rose of Persia. Other rep includes HMS Pinafore, The Mikado, Ruddigore and Iolanthe. 
- Lead singer in blues / rock band Willie McBlind, including performances in major festivals and featured artist on 3 releases on FreeNote Records. 
- Multiple roles in regional and summer stock productions, including Fiona in Brigadoon, Maria in West Side Story, ensemble member (Jeannie understudy) in European Tour of HAIR, and Christine Daae in Yeston/Kopit PHANTOM, lead singer in German touring company MUSIKAL NACHT, Compassion in Elodie Lauten's WAKING IN NY, featured soloist in Queen's Chamber Band (Merkin Hall, NYC). [1991 - 2005]
- Graduated, Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance (BM), New England Conservatory of Music 
- Graduated, Master of Music in Vocal Performance (MM), New England Conservatory of Music 
- Neil Semer, vocal instructor [2001 - 2012]
- John Moriarty, opera coach [1987 - 1989]
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- Wesley Balk Opera - Musical Theatre Program, Wesley Balk Institute, St. Paul, Minnesota 
- Willie McBlind - "Find My Way Back Home" 
- Willie McBlind - "Bad Thing" 
- Willie McBlind - "Live Long Day" 
- Birdhouse - "Birdhouse" 
Student Reviews for Meredith
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Excellent Teacher - October 24, 2013
By Glenn - North Caldwell, NJ, Voice Lessons
I took vocal lessons with Meredith and her skilled, knowledgable and patient approach brought me to a level of vocal ability I could only have dreamed of. I highly recommend!
Highly Recommended Piano Teacher!!! - September 8, 2013
By Jennifer - Hoboken, NJ, Piano Lessons
I highly recommend Meredith! She's a fun teacher, but she knows what she's doing with piano and she will get you on the right track to accomplishing your goals with the instrument. She loves music, and can help pick out rock or classical songs for you to learn. She can help you out with your abilities in rhythm, tone, finger-placement, etc. And she can help you "feel the music" so that you are not just playing notes but playing a beautiful piece like a real musician.
Great Experience - September 8, 2013
By Sandy - Hoboken, NJ, Voice Lessons
I had the opportunity to work with Meredith to enhance my singing voice and was totally impressed with her skill and ability. She was enjoyable to work with and I found myself quite happy after each session. Thank you Meredith!