Professional musician/educator, composer, producer. Professional engagements with Jazz Duos, Trios, Quartets, and Big Bands, Show Bands, Pit Bands, Orchestras, Pop, Rock, Singer-Songwriter, Jazz, Funk, R&B, Reggae, World Music.
Performances throughout the U.S. and abroad. Local venues include New York clubs The Izzy Bar, Cleopatras Needle, Detour, The 55 Bar, Windows on the World, LeBar Bat, The Garage, Swing 46, Zinc Bar, The Knitting Factory, Kennys Castaways, The Elbow Room, Continental, The Lions Den, Arlene's Grocery, Makor, and The New Jersey Performing Arts Center. Professional teacher at the middle school, high school, and college levels. Also instructed at NJPAC Jazz for Teens Program, NJ Workshop for the Arts, William Paterson Summer Jazz Programs, Summit Music Studios, Calderone School of Music, and The Amati Conservatory.
Lessons available on electric bass, double bass, guitar, piano, and composition.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Joe, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Calderone School of Music [1999 - 2005]
- Ridgewood Community School [1999 - 2014]
- Summit Music Studios [2002 - 2006]
- Amati Conservatory [2000 - 2007]
- Graduated, Bachelor of Music Jazz Performance (BM), William Paterson University 
- Dave Holland [1993 - 1994]
- Rufus Reid [1996 - 1999]
- Todd Coolman [1995 - 1999]
- Noreen Lienhard [1996 - 1999]
- Joe Hakim - "Last Moon" 
- Joe Hakim - "Imprints" 
Student Reviews for Joe
(0 out of 5 stars)