Influences: Tony Williams, Elvin Jones, John Bonham, Jack Dejohnette, John Herndon, Greg Saunier, Chris Dave
Many years of excellent teaching and diligent practice have crafted me into the musician I am today, and I now share this with my students who range in all skill levels. I strive to make my students connect with their instrument so that they are passionate about it, and from this, discipline follows naturally. My method is organized, professional, and crafted to the needs of the individual.
Concepts that are worked on in lessons include:
-Development of a strong sense of time/tempo
-Groove and fill ideas
-Drumming in various musical styles
-Finding your own voice
To inquire about lessons with Dylan, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- 357 Ensemble (Jazz Ensemble)
-Play at jazz clubs throughout the city.
- Young Man (Experimental Indie Rock Group)
-Plays internationally at various festivals and venues.
- Barbaric (Experimental Rock Duo Band)
- The Dylan Andrews Trio (Jazz Trio)
Standards trio that plays throughout the Chicago area
-Have taught students of all levels for the past three years, and have seen them grow and build on their strengths. It's been wonderful.
- Graduated, Philosophy (BA), Loyola University Chicago 
- Graduated, Music (Minor), Loyola University Chicago 
- Graduated, History (Minor), Loyola University Chicago 
- Thomas Giampietro [2006 - 2008]
- Joel Spencer [2009 - 2010]
- Anthony Molinaro [2009 - 2011]
- Scott Burns [2009 - 2011]
- Michael Raynor [2010 - 2011]
- Harry Wilkinson [2002 - 2006]
- [January, 2012]
- 357 Ensemble - "357 Ensemble" 
- Young Man - "Vol. 1" 
Student Reviews for Dylan
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Resurrecting a love of drums! - August 14, 2012
By Sherry - Chicago, IL, Drums Lessons
My 12 year old son has been taking drum lessons for over a year and his teacher almost destroyed his love of learning and wanting to play. We finally fired the old instructor and tried Dylan out from Encore Music Lessons. We have witnessed a 180 degree turn around in our son's enthusiasm for his drum set and playing. Not only is Dylan attentive throughout the lesson, but he comes prepared and really energizes our son's interest. Now my son practices daily without complaint and looks forward to his lesson. For the first time, I see how a real lesson should be conducted and my son feels like the time he spends is important to his teacher. Thanks Dylan!
1. Young Man
3. 357 Ensembel