Bryan W. , Cello Teacher , Bergen County
Influences: I was very influenced by classical music as a child because it was the music I first learned on the cello. As I progressed as a cellist and composer, I began to incorporate elements of improvisation, blues, rock, jazz, electronic music, and pop into my playing.
I am a cellist and composer who believes that music is about self-expression and creativity. I am classically trained on the cello, but I incorporate contemporary music styles such as rock, blues, and electronic music into my playing and compositions. I offer students a solid foundation in technique and classical repertoire on the instrument because I feel in order to understand the cello, you have to know where it comes from. Simultaneously, I introduce students to playing contemporary music styles and encourage them to find their creative voice on the instrument.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about Cello lessons with Bryan, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (201) 546-5568.
- I wrote and published a book called, Cello Chords. It is a harmony reference guide for cello and is the first of its kind.
- I was a Chamber Music and Composition instructor at the Community Arts Partnership at CalArts. I instructed beginner, intermediate, and advanced students on ensemble playing and educated pupils on compositional approaches and techniques.
- I was a cellist for LA based rock band, Red Robot, on song, "You Could Only Take," mastered at Capital Records in Los Angeles, CA.
- I did cello recordings for recording artist, Kasi Jones and Mind Majors Productions, on the Princess Project.
- Graduated, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Cello Performance and Music Composition (BFA), California Institute of the Arts 
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- New Directions Cello Festival, NDCF 
- Artistic Merit Award to attend California Institute of the Arts [2009 - 2011]
Student Reviews for Bryan
(0 out of 5 stars)