Upon Graduating from the Boston Conservatory, I moved to New York to pursue a Performance Career in Opera, Musical Theater and Acting. While performing, I continued my training in voice, dance and acting. Building these skills has made me a better performer and teacher.
I teach healthy singing focusing on breath support and proper placement. Having this foundation allows students to sing in many different styles and creates longevity of the instrument.
I believe the total experience of singing requires musical artistry, technique (physical) and connection to the material (acting).
Singing greatly improves self esteem, and I like to create an environment in which my students feel supported and safe.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Rebecca, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Active Company Member: The New York Gilbert and Sullivan Players/ Performances in NYC as well as abroad.
- The National Chorale/ Performances at Lincoln Center, Avery Fisher Hall
- Various Regional Theaters including Maine State Music Theater, Allenberry Playhouse, Bucks County Playhouse, Barnstormer's Theater, and Ivoryton Playhouse
- The Dickens' Victorian Carollers/ Performances in upscale venues in NYC as well as The White House in Washington, DC for the Obama administration.
- Opera with The Jacksonville Lyric Opera, Lowell House Opera at Harvard, and the Belleayre Music Festival
- Graduated, Bachelor of Music with an emphasis on Opera Performance (Bachelor), The Boston Conservatory of Music 
- Elisabeth Phinney [1992 - 2008]
- Marianne Challis [2006 - 2011]
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- Master Class with Elly Ameling, The Boston Conservatory of Music 
- Yoga Teacher Certification/200 hour, The Yoga Alliance 
Student Reviews for Rebecca
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
Voice Lessons - July 22, 2014
By David - NYC, NY, Voice Lessons
My son Miko has enjoyed his voice lessons with Ms. Rebecca. She definitely knows her stuff, and she is very energetic and helpful during his lessons. She is a terrific voice teacher and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for voice lessons.
Without a doubt, an Excellent Teacher! - July 17, 2014
By Radhika - New York, NY, Voice Lessons
I have been taking voice lessons with Rebecca for over a year and am amazed with how much I have improved. As a professional, I appreciate Rebecca valuing my time. She is punctual, professional, and accommodating. Furthermore, I like that she seeks various alternatives to allow me to have an overall positive experience and allow me to develop in my own way. She does push me when I need to be pushed, which I thoroughly appreciate. I would highly recommend Rebecca as a teacher.
Awesome teacher! - July 15, 2014
By Gali - NYC, NY, Voice Lessons
I have now been studying with Rebecca for 2 years and she has been so great every step of the way. She always comes prepared knowing what she wants to work on with me and always bring the songs that will help me improve. She is a wonderful performer herself which I think is also important as a singing teacher to know about performances. She also pushes you to work hard but always in a fun environment. I would definitely recommend Rebecca whether you are a beginner or an advanced students she will know how to take your technique further and always make you a better singer/performer.
1. Pirates of Penzance, New York GIlbert and Sullivan Players
2. New York GIlbert and Sullivan Players Sing along commercial
3. New York Gilbert and Sullivan Players City Center Commercial
4. Dickens VIctorian Carollers