Fay M. , Voice Teacher , Long Island
As a music professional, I specialize in Voice (Contemporary Commercial Music) and in Piano (Classical). As a Vocologist, I also work with singers to correct vocal fold injuries. I am certified by the New York Singer Teacher's Association and the Somatic Voicework/ The LoVetri Method. In addition, I am a City/State Teacher Certified in Music (K-12) and a member of NYSTA, NATS, and MEANYC.
I believe that progressive teaching must employ constructive pedagogical strategies to foster meaningful musical experiences for students to build and to exhibit competence. My pedagogical model is comprised of a student-centered approach to produce attainable challenges and to affect affirmative changes that will physically, technically, and emotionally enrich each student's performance.
During instruction, I exercise scaffolding methods to facilitate the students' zone of proximal development and innovative questioning to augment students' cognitive thinking and critical thinking skills. The process of musical learning is purposeful when it is facilitated within a nurturing environment to motivate the students' intrinsic interests and that is my goal!
To inquire about Voice lessons with Fay, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (212) 537-6746.
- Graduated, Ed.M.-Master in Education (Ed.M - Voice), Teachers College, Columbia University 
- Graduated, M.A.-Music Education (M.A. - Voice), Teachers College, Columbia University 
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- Dalcroze Summer Intensive, Lucy Moses School 
- Voice Management Techniques, Westminster Choir College 
- NYSTA Distinguished Voice Professional Certificate , New York Singing Teachers Association 
- Somatic Voicework™/The LoVetri Method Level I, II, III, Shenandoah University/ Dartmouth University 
- Music Business & Fashion Specialist Certificate, Fashion Institute of Technology 
- City/State Teaching Certificate, Music (K-12), NY State 
- [January, 2014]
- International Children's Book (Greek) - "Tim's Dream " 
Student Reviews for Fay
(0 out of 5 stars)