Richard C. , Drums Teacher , Boston
Influences: Some of my favorite drummers/musicians (a short list): Buddy Rich, John Bonham, Gavin Harrison, Vinnie Colaiuta, George Kollias, Devin Townsend, Miles Davis, Tony Williams, Gene Hoglan, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers, Danny Carey, Mike Cameron, Mike Mangini, and many many more!
Richard also teaches piano and guitar
I've been playing the drums since 1999 and have been teaching for 6 years now, most consistently for the past 4. I graduated Cum Laude from Berklee College of Music in 2006 with a Bachelor's of Music Degree in Drumset Performance. I've taught the Berklee Percussion Festivals since 2009, educating incumbent students in beginner, intermediate, and advanced rock drumming, as well as ensemble courses. I'm versatile in many styles of drumming, including rock, metal (double-bass applications), jazz, latin, hip-hop, gospel, and funk/fusion. I've studied with many notable instructors, including Mike Mangini, Dave DiCenso, Terri-Lyne Carrington, and Yoron Israel, to name a few. I currently gig and record on a regular basis throughout New England and New York. If you're interested in seeing me perform, please feel free to check out my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/RichCrowleyDrums, or my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/richcdrums.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about Drums lessons with Richard , please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (617) 715-3504.
- Performed in front of 1,500 people per gig for BruFest outside TD Garden for the Boston Bruins regular season and playoff runs. Also featured on national TV during playoffs. 
- Performed and recorded with current Naked Bros. Band and "Jazz Guy" columnist in Guitar Player magazine Jake Hertzog. 
- Performs with former Missing Persons bassist Stu Lee, former Mudhens guitarist/drummer Tom Groleau, and current Fight or Flight (featuring members of Disturbed and Evans Blue) bassist Sean Corcoran, regularly. 
- Recorded several tracks with Jake Hertzog's rock band The Young Presidents, on which Corey Glover (Living Colour) contributed vocals. Rob Fraboni (Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton) produced the tracks. Full-length album to be released soon. 
- Counselor and drum instructor for Camp Jam in Southborough, MA. Sat in with Jim Peterik (co-writer of "Eye of the Tiger), Karim Devlin (Lady Gaga's touring guitarist), and Christine Ohlman (SNL singer) while working for Camp Jam. 
- Graduated, Bachelor of Music in Drumset Performance (BM), Berklee College of Music 
- [January, 2013]
Student Reviews for Richard
(0 out of 5 stars)
1. YouTube Channel