Richard C. , Drums Teacher , Boston
Influences: Some of my favorite drummers/musicians (a short list): Buddy Rich, John Bonham, Gavin Harrison, Vinnie Colaiuta, George Kollias, Devin Townsend, Miles Davis, Tony Williams, Gene Hoglan, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers, Danny Carey, Mike Cameron, Mike Mangini, and many many more!
I've been playing the drums since 1999 and have been teaching for 6 years now, most consistently for the past 4. I graduated Cum Laude from Berklee College of Music in 2006 with a Bachelor's of Music Degree in Drumset Performance. I've taught the Berklee Percussion Festivals since 2009, educating incumbent students in beginner, intermediate, and advanced rock drumming, as well as ensemble courses. I'm versatile in many styles of drumming, including rock, metal (double-bass applications), jazz, latin, hip-hop, gospel, and funk/fusion. I've studied with many notable instructors, including Mike Mangini, Dave DiCenso, Terri-Lyne Carrington, and Yoron Israel, to name a few. I currently gig and record on a regular basis throughout New England and New York. If you're interested in seeing me perform, please feel free to check out my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/RichCrowleyDrums, or my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/richcdrums.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about Drums lessons with Richard , please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (617) 715-3504.
- Performed in front of 1,500 people per gig for BruFest outside TD Garden for the Boston Bruins regular season and playoff runs. Also featured on national TV during playoffs. [2008 - Present]
- Performed and recorded with current Naked Bros. Band and "Jazz Guy" columnist in Guitar Player magazine Jake Hertzog. [2007 - Present]
- Performs with former Missing Persons bassist Stu Lee, former Mudhens guitarist/drummer Tom Groleau, and former Ra bassist Sean Corcoran, regularly [2007 - Present]
- Recorded several EPs and singles for various local artists in various styles, from folk/pop, jazz, rock, and metal. [2002 - Present]
- Currently teaches on average 25 students per week, each of whom vary in age and ability level. [2008 - Present]
- Has several creative endeavors in the works, including a novel with a soundtrack and some original band material. [2007 - Present]
- Graduated, Bachelor of Music in Drumset Performance (BM), Berklee College of Music 
Student Reviews for Richard
(0 out of 5 stars)
About the Drums
A drum kit (or drum set or trap set) is a collection of drums, cymbals and sometimes other percussion instruments, such as a cowbell, wood block, chimes or tambourines, arranged for convenient playing by a single drummer.