Influences: Keith Jarrett, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Beethoven, Bach, Elton John, Ben Folds, Bill Evans, Mozart, Schubert,
Darren D. is an American pianist and composer currently living in New York City. Originally from Las Vegas, Nevada, Darren moved to New York in 2008 where he has since been seen on stage at the Jazz Standard, Webster Hall, The Jalopy, Puppet's Jazz Bar, The 5C Cultural Center and Cafe, The Shrine, and countless other venues throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn.
As a composer and bandleader Darren's own quintet possesses a dry and airy sound reminiscent of his upbringing in the Mojave desert. His unique compositional voice carries over into his film music most notably in 2009's "Unmasked", which has been been shown at various film festivals throughout the country.
Darren has a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music where he studied under Marc Copland, Vijay Iyer, Jacob Sacks, and Lee Konitz.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Darren, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Private Piano Instructor in Las Vegas [2006 - 2008]
- Musical Director New Hope Church [2006 - 2008]
- Bandleader Darren Denman Quartet [2009 - 2010]
- Bandleader Stucco [2010 - 2011]
- Bandleader Darren Denman Quintet 
- Graduated, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Jazz Performance (BFA), The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music 
- Marc Copland [2009 - 2010]
- Vijay Iyer [2010 - 2011]
- Lee Konitz [2010 - 2011]
- Adam Holzman [2010 - 2011]
- Jacob Sacks [2011 - 2012]
Student Reviews for Darren
(0 out of 5 stars)
1. Just Dandy