Influences: Major influences are classical opera singers, mostly of an older generation. My favorite sopranos are Ileana Cotrubas, Mirella Freni, Maria Callas, Montserrat Caballe, and Renata Tebaldi.
I believe everyone can sing, and having dedication and curiosity is key to personal growth. Studying one area of music will help you grow in another, and we all excel in different musical areas. I have always loved singing, even though I have had to work hard to be a good singer. Finding joy in your practice is essential to being a happy musician, so I help my students on the pieces that will make it easier for them to improve without getting discouraged.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Sarah, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Teaching: I have taught lessons on-and-off privately since my time at Michigan State (2009-present). [2009 - 2012]
- Performing: I am a young operatic singer, and have performed in advanced collegiate programs and young artist programs. I have also performed concert works professionally with a variety of ensembles. [2005 - 2012]
- Graduated, Voice Performance (Master of Music), University of Missouri - Kansas City 
- Graduated, Voice Performance (Bachelor of Music), Michigan State University 
- Vinson Cole [2009 - 2012]
- Melanie Helton [2005 - 2009]
- 2010 Scholarship - Socitey of Singers 
- Women's Council Grant - University of Missouri 
- Dale Travel Fund - University of Missouri - Kansas City 
- Opera Theater Pittsburgh Young Artist [July, 2012]
- Opera in the Ozarks Young Artist [July, 2011]
Student Reviews for Sarah
(0 out of 5 stars)