My approach begins and ends with the breath. Breath creates pitch, rhythm, musicality, and emotion. If you think about it, each way we show our emotions begins with breath--laughing, crying, sighing, etc. I use a very natural approach to singing, exaggerating the noises we and the animal kingdom already make every day to sing in a very healthy, sustainable way. Have you ever wondered why a dog can bark for hours without tiring? Why a baby can cry forever? They are using their air and resonance efficiently! We all know how to do this instinctually--we just need to become aware of how we do it, and how to use this knowledge to inform healthy singing.
Through unique breathing and vocal exercises, I will help you to become a confident and consistent singer and artist. The end goal is that you can become your own teacher, diagnosing and fixing your own difficulties.
Elementary School, Pre-teen, Teenage, Adult
To inquire about lessons with Sarah, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- Active Member--Blue Hill Troupe--New York City 
- Graduated, Opera Performance (MMus), McGill University 
- Graduated, Voice Performance (BMus), University of Colorado at Boulder 
- Aline Kutan [2011 - 2012]
- Julie Simson [2006 - 2011]
- Eastern Region Finalist/First Alternate - NATS Artist Awards Competition 
- Damigella--L'incoronazione di Poppea--Opera McGill [March, 2012]
- Zerlina--Don Giovanni--Opera McGill [January, 2012]
- Pamina--The Magic Flute [July, 2014]
- Schulich Scholarship [2010 - 2011]
- Graduate Excellence Fellowship [2011 - 2012]
Student Reviews for Sarah
(5.0 out of 5 stars)
AMAZING! - April 30, 2013
By Dorie, Voice Lessons
Sarah is both a talented vocalist and a caring, encouraging teacher. Her techniques have not only helped me with my breathing support but also range and overall quality. She is passionate about her work and her students and I highly recommend her!!