(Clases en Español También) Andrés started to play the guitar at the age of twelve, but it wasn’t until some years later that he found out about the beauty of the classical guitar. Although he currently still enjoys playing and teaching popular guitar, he decide to dedicate himself to the instrument and expand his repertoire into classical music.
Andres was born in Cali, Colombia. In 1998, he and his family moved to the United States. He began his guitar studies under the direction of Jose Adan in Miami, Florida at the Miami Dade College. In 2003 he was awarded a scholarship to continue his studies at the Hartt School of Music in Connecticut.
Andres holds a B.A in Music from the University of Hartford. He studied Guitar at The Hartt School of Music with Richard Provost, Ensemble Guitar Music with Alan Spriestersbach and Christopher Ladd.
Andres has performed through out the Northeastern United States, included performances at The Hartt School, and events such as The Connecticut Guitar Society’s “Guitar Extravaganza Weekend 2005”. As a teacher, Andres maintains an active private teaching studio in Miami and is currently Guitar Instructor at Encore music lessons.
To inquire about lessons with Hector, please fill out the Inquiry Form on this page, or call us at (800) 417-4620.
- I teach fundamentals of music theory, classical guitar technique and repertoire, sigh reading, and overall musicianship, as well Rock and Metal. The environment you will be learning in is open a non-threatening, so that you are not afraid to make mistakes. I enjoy teaching and sharing my experience with others. With my study, experience and continual practice, I look to deliver a strong fundamental knowledge to each student in a fashion that best suits their individual needs. [2006 - 2013]
- Graduated, Bachelors of Arts in Music (BA), University Of Hartford-Hartt School of music 
- Richard Provost [2003 - 2007]
- Jose Adan [1999 - 2002]
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- GFA Convention, Guitar Foundation Of America 
- Pepe Romero Master Class, University Of Hartford 
- David Russel Master Class, University Of Hartford 
- University of Hartford: Hartt perform Arts Scholarship - University Of Hartford 
- University of Hartford: Hartt perform Arts Scholarship [2003 - 2008]
Student Reviews for Hector
(0 out of 5 stars)
1. Lagrima-Fancisco Tarrega
2. La Source Lactee-Laurent Boutros.